Cracked Teeth: Biomimetic Analysis, Diagnosis and Treatment.
DR ANDRAS FORSTER
Managing cracked teeth is undoubtedly one of the most challenging situations we can face in Dentistry. Through his research and extensive Biomimetic training, Dr Andras Forster confidently treats cracked teeth using Biomimetic protocols. In his exclusive lecture for The Hybrid Layer, Dr Forster teaches us first about the biomechanics and histology of the natural tooth. He explains the concepts of the BioRim and BioDome and teaches us his methods of mechanical analysis. Dr Forster then explains how to accurately diagnose and treat cracks using Biomimetic techniques. You will learn how to successfully dissect various types of cracks, before gaining an insight into the Biomimetic restoration and reinforcement of the cracked tooth.
Aims & Objectives:
1) Learn about the histology and biomechanics of the natural tooth, including the BioRim and BioDome and the methods by which enamel, dentin and the DEC prevent crack propagation in nature.
2) Understand how to carry out mechanical analysis to assess for structural compromise, in relation to the underlying mechanics of the natural tooth.
3) Learn how to accurately diagnose cracks – including diagnostic methods and differentiation of crack types.
4) Understand how to successfully treat cracks using Biomimetic principles – including crack dissection of vertical and horizontal cracks with pulpal and non-pulpal involvement; and the Biomimetic restoration of cracked teeth.
Lecture Duration: 1 hour 19 minutes.
Course Access Expires: 22nd July 2024.
- Available Worldwide.
- Watch and rewind as often as you require.
- 1.25 Hours of Verifiable Continuing Professional Development awarded with a personalised certificate.
Once you have purchased access to the course or have subscribed to our Annual All-Access Membership, you can access the lecture presentation using the link at the bottom of this page.
The verifiable nature of our CPD is in line with the Enhanced CPD Scheme of the GDC (General Dental Council) in the United Kingdom. Please read our CPD Information and Quality Assurance page for more information. Here you will also find information regarding other regulatory bodies. As The Hybrid Layer is an international website, we are happy to assist with providing any further documentation required by your local regulatory body.