What is the Six Lessons Approach to Biomimetic Dentistry?
The Six Lessons Approach to Biomimetic Dentistry was founded by Dr David Alleman. It is the culmination of decades of research and extensive literature reviews. The approach aims to provide a systematic way to eliminate caries and cracks into dentin, while connecting the tooth back together with bond strengths in the 30-50 MPa range. A number of stress reduced techniques and protocols are followed in order to provide indirect, semi-direct and direct Biomimetic restorations.
What are the Six Lessons?
- Lesson 1 – Diagnosis and Treatment of Caries
- Lesson 2 – Diagnosis and Treatment of Structural Compromises
- Lesson 3 – Immediate Dentin Sealing (IDS) and Resin Coating (RC)
- Lesson 4 – Stress Reduction by Controlling C-Factor & Deep Margin Elevation (DME)
- Lesson 5 – Enamel Replacement (Enamel Preparation and Adhesive Preparation Design & Cementation)
- Lesson 6 – Occlusion and Occlusal Adjustment