Fibre-Reinforced Composites and Deep Margin Elevation.
Dr Haider Waleed
Dr Haider Waleed believes that fibres are the future of Adhesive Dentistry. In this presentation, he gives us an insight into the types of fibres we can use in dentistry, and their relevant roles in minimising the chance of microleakage and fracture. Dr Waleed gives us an insight into the roles of short fibre-reinforced composites such as Ever-X, and long fibres such as Ribbond. He then delves into another challenging area of Biomimetic Dentistry as his lecture continues with an overview of the background and science regarding Deep Margin Elevation. Dr Waleed walks us through several of his own clinical cases relating to the use of fibres and Deep Margin Elevation. This presentation gives an insight into clinical protocols, but has a strong focus on the relevant scientific literature, meaning you can stay up-to-date with the latest evidence surrounding these 2 key topics.
Aims & Objectives:
1) Understand the difference between short and long fibres and learn about their clinical applications.
2) Gain an insight into the evidence-base relating to fibre-reinforced composite restorations with a review of the relevant literature.
3) Gain an understanding of the concept of Deep Margin Elevation as an alternative treatment to surgical crown lengthening.
4) Learn how to carry out Deep Margin Elevation with a focus on relevant Biomimetic concepts, materials and equipment.
Lecture Duration: 1 hour 6 minutes.
Course Access Expires: 22nd July 2024.
- Available Worldwide.
- Watch and rewind as often as you require.
- 1 Hour of Verifiable Continuing Professional Development awarded with a personalised certificate.
Once you have purchased access to the course or have subscribed to our Annual All-Access Membership, you can access the lecture presentation using the link at the bottom of this page.
The verifiable nature of our CPD is in line with the Enhanced CPD Scheme of the GDC (General Dental Council) in the United Kingdom. Please read our CPD Information and Quality Assurance page for more information. Here you will also find information regarding other regulatory bodies. As The Hybrid Layer is an international website, we are happy to assist with providing any further documentation required by your local regulatory body.